Below is the recipe I found for the blackberry pie bars. Super yummy. We've made them three times in the last few weeks. Gotta use up those berries. We've had them hot, cold and warm. I think I prefer the warm version... Sure does make a pretty dessert (forgive the phone photos).
Blackberry Pie Bars
- 1 1/2 Cups - All-Purpose Flour
- 3/4 Cup - Sugar
- 1/8 Teaspoon - Salt
- 3/4 Cup (1 1/2 Sticks) - Unsalted Butter, Very Cold, Cut Into Small Cubes
- 2 - Large Eggs
- 1 Cup - Sugar
- 1/2 Cup - Sour Cream
- 1/4 Cup Plus 2 Tablespoons - All-Purpose Flour
- Pinch of - Salt
- 16 Ounces - Fresh Blackberries
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Line an 8X8 baking pan with aluminum foil, allowing the foil to extend a couple of inches on two opposing side. Spray with nonstick cooking spray
3. Make the crust by adding to the bowl of a food processor the flour, sugar and salt. Pulse for about 30 seconds to combine ingredients. Add the cubed cold butter and pulse until the butter pieces are about the size of peas. Remove 3/4 cup of the mixture to use as a topping and set aside until needed. Pour the rest of the crumb mixture into prepared pan and press into pan. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the edges begin to turn golden. Cool completely.
4. Make the filling by mixing together, in a medium bowl, the eggs, sugar , sour cream, flour and salt until well combined. Spread the berries in a single layer on the cooled crust. Spoon the filling batter over the berries.
5. Evenly spread the reserved crumb mixture on top of the filling. Bake for 45-55 minutes, or until the filling is just beginning to turn golden and is set. Cool bars completely on a baking rack then refrigerate if desired.