Chris and I are 2 weeks into Atkins. Trying to loose weight and get healthier. Cravings for pizza have subsided a little after I baked this thing called pizza chicken. Mmm - pretty good. High calorie surely but low carb. I found a similar recipe on hand but altered to what I had on hand. The boys liked it so it may be on repeat. Thought I'd jog down what I did so I could recreate it.
- 4 large boneless-skinless chicken breasts (6-8 oz. each) cut into strips pound flat.
- 1/2 cup mayonaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup pizza sauce - lowest card you can find.
- 1/2 cup parm cheese
- 1 tsp. Pizza Seasoning (get it from Winco)
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion salt
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese - enough to cover the top of chicken.
- 2 oz. sliced pepperoni (regular or turkey pepperoni)
Place chicken in pan. Mix ingredients and 1/2 spread over chicken. Layer another row of chickenand spread remaining mixture. Top with cheese and pepperoni.
Bake 400 for 30 mins or until cooked through.