The cake really was pretty. Here are some in process shots. See Geoff... I did make this, no Nothing Bundt box to be found in the trash. Here
is the website for the recipe and other good stuff, I also pasted it below.
- 1 pkg. devils food cake, German chocolate cake, or chocolate cake mix
- 1 pkg. instant chocolate pudding
- 1 c. sour cream
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 c. water
- 1/2 c. oil
- 1 1/2 c. mini chocolate chips
- 2 (8 ounce) pkgs. cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 c. butter, softened
- 3-4 c. powdered sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Mix first six ingredients together with a beater. Add chocolate chips. Pour into a greased bunt cake pan (cooking spray works best). Cook in oven at 350 degrees for 45-50 mins. Remove from oven. Let cool for 20 mins. Remove from pan. (I think it tastes best if you put it on a serving plate, wrap it well in Saran Wrap, and let it sit overnight in the fridge before frosting and serving..)
- In a medium bowl, cream together the cream cheese and butter until creamy. Mix in the vanilla, then gradually stir in the powdered sugar (start with 2 cups then keep adding more until it is nice and thick). That's it!